…homage to decadent womanhood, with surrealist style…written both eloquently and at times humorously…an entire cornucopia of sentimental remembrance…
I am enormously flattered that Jessie Janeshek, my favorite living poet, really grokked my debut poetry collection BADMOTORFLAPPER, & wrote a very kind review of it, which you can read in full on the instagram feed of Really Serious Literature.
I’ve talked about conceptual aspects of the collection; O’Brien’s craft is also strong. I love their flexibility with and careful use of form to suit both the aura of the flapper in question and the song that she’s paired with…
My debut poetry EP, BADMOTORFLAPPER, is now on sale! It’s a 10-track collection of poems I wrote as tributes to some of my favorite women of the 1920s + music of the 1990s. Some of these poems have been previously published in places like Yes, Poetry and Rag Queen Periodical, but some are exclusive to this little booklet.
Print Copies are $4US via PayPal (shipping in US only)
Digital (PDF) copies are $2US via PayPal
- DOROTHY PARKER will have her revenge on Manhattan
- GRETA GARBO behind the counter in a small town
- Sometimes ZELDA FITZGERALD gives the creeps herself
- JOSEPHINE BAKER ain’t nuthing ta fuck wit
- CLARA BOW is in your face but you can’t grab her
- THEDA BARA with butterfly wings
- LUPE VELEZ is a hot spitfire fit to burn
- Got them Down-in-a-hole BESSIE SMITH Blues
- ANNA MAY WONG’s gonna break this rusty cage
- Last Dance with LULU BROOKS